Friday, December 21, 2007

Counting Down

This is usually my favorite time of year. Hanging lights, decorating the tree, baking cookies, wrapping gifts - they are all something that I love to do every year. I don't like the shopping as much, but to give gifts and see the recipient's reaction is so very rewarding to me. Just to make a point here, it doesn't matter what the gift is. I think that is why I decided to knit scarves for the team this year. The thought is what counts, it is true. But when someone receives a hand knit item, it is like getting a part of the knitter's heart.

I wanted to knit more this year, but as always, I am a poor planner. I can plan huge implementation projects at work, but for some reason I am unable to gauge (ha! Pun!) the time alottment for knitting things. I was under the gun for the scarves but I got them done. I am hoping that I can think of things that are just as warm and thoughtful for future holidays.

One thing I did NOT accomplish this year was putting the lawn ornaments up. With the tensions between DH and I, it was just not a priority. Dino mentioned it last night on the way home from his Christmas pagent (which was really cute and cuddly). He said, "Mama, why don't we have our snowman or Tigger up yet?"

One guess what Dino and I will be doing tonight ;)

At this time of year, I like to remember all of the wonderful things that I am priviledged to have, and all of the people that touch my life. People that are no longer with us linger in my thoughts. Goals that I wanted to reach may or may not have manifested, but one thing for certain is I have no regrets this year. The babe that brought hope to the world is my inspiration for becoming a better person, and that is all I can ask for.

May you and those you love feel the joy of the season. May the true spirit of Christmas (and not the Dicken's spirits) settle in your heart for all the year.

Merry Christmas! May God bless us, everyone!

Peace out.

No comments: