Monday, December 17, 2007

Where is GeekChick?

Oh My! I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted. It is nutty right now. I have one scarf left and it is 7 days before Christmas. I have 3/4 of my wrapping done and I realized I still need to get some last minute gift cards for a few people on my list. DH and I had a therapy appointment tonight, which DH just informed me that he is cancelling since he had a difficult time getting Dino out of bed this morning, that naturally means that marriage therapy is BS and he won't go. How's that for a run on sentance? He said it was my fault that Dino wouldn't get up because I kept him up late. Sure, it was me lying in his bed last night talking to him until 9:30 p.m. (no, that was DH, just for the record)). So therapy is "ridiculous" because of this? I am so frustrated I could cry.

Here is TMI, so if you don't want to know me intimately, please skip to the next paragraph. DH and I had a little "nudge,nudge,wink,wink" time yesterday. It seems like every time I drop my guard and let the sex happen, he reverts right back to bastard mode and treats me like shit. Sure enough after the "ahem" time, he became moody, sullen, and beastly. He spent 8 of the 12 hours yesterday in bed. That is daylight time, folks. When we lost power for 2 hours last night, he finally spent some desperately needed time with Dino reading with him after we trimmed the tree by candlelight and fireplace roaring. Felt very Dickens. Unfortunately, the power came on 20 minutes into the reading and DH jumped up and disappeared once again to watch TV or whatever. It was sad. And I am furious. Then to have him cancel therapy, oh my. I am back to where I was two months ago- plotting on how I can get out and do it with the least amount of pain to Dino that I can.

Oh, did I mention that it is 7 days until Christmas? 7 DAYS! My hair is turning grey just thinking of it. Ok, it was already going grey, but I wanted to illustrate this feeling of "OMG! I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!"

Funny, that felt good. And, I am more than 1/2 of the way done with what is needed, so that is cool. Now that the therapy appointment is cancelled, I will be taking Dino to karate so I can run next door and get the gift cards I want from the Happy Harry's. I know, pretty pathetic, but it works in a pinch. And, I am in a pinch. So there.

I have developed a crush on a faceless guy on the internets. He has a blog I have been following. He cooks (like, real food people!), knits, and is a geek. He wears kilts (yeah! A real man not afraid to wear hose) and is adorable. There couldn't be a more perfect man! LOL Ask me about bay leaves sometime :) Tee hee.

Ok, have to run. Work is crazy at this time of year and we have all kinds of network issues going on. Not to mention one of my staff can't connect to our VPN from home, we have an entire system going offline as we speak, and our voice over IP is spotty today. Not a quiet day for IT :)

One scarf to go! Wheeeee! Knit on. Peace out.

No comments: