Friday, January 18, 2008

3 Hours

That is how long it took to drive 30 miles last night. 3 hours of bumper to bumper, 2 mph, slipping and sliding traffic. 3 hours to run through a number of things in my head. Oh, hello Mr. Police Man. Sure, just cut right in front of me as I leave a car length between me and the truck up there. Sure, just slam your breaks on. Sure, I don't mind. I've only been sitting here for 10 minutes waiting to move around that car stuck on the side up there. A signal would have been nice, or at least a warning, but whatever. You own the road. Not me. Yes, I'm looking at you. What are you going to do about it? And why aren't you pulling over to help that stranded car? You suck, dude.

Yes, I think I cracked.

I had a number of these conversations in my car last night. It actually amused me.

I arrived home at 7:30 p.m. and promptly went to bed. I think the stress of the drive kept me awake, but it wasn't until around 9 that I finally fell asleep. Still, I felt rested this morning.

Dino went to DG's house because he is off today. DH called and offered to take him since the roads were bad. I was grateful for that, even when I found that he wanted to go to his Mom's anyway, so it was on his way. It was a good thing, too, because nothing was getting me back in that damn car....

Dino also had a super day yesterday. I gave him his meds at 6:30 a.m. and he took it himself! I was so proud. Then to see that he got all smiley faces for the day made me even happier. I really hope this is something that continues.

Well, I must get back to work. TGIF everyone!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

He has been GREAT here. I notice a REALLY BIG difference this time (he hasn't been here in two weeks). He isn't talking half as much, he is focusing on a conversation more, his mood is better. He just isn't eating much. BUt WOW! His behavior is waaay different.