Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bummer

I checked the realtor's website last night after receiving the pre-approval from the mortgage company. The house I loved, desperately wanted to see, is no longer listed. I am totally bummed. I really wanted to see it. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. The house was a bit of a stretch financially and I realized that to take that on with all that is going on was not realistic. I don't even have a signed agreement of my buy out yet, so it was pretty unreasonable to believe that it was going to stay on the market forever. It was in a great neighborhood, which is why I wanted it. Still, I think it is kismet that it sold before I could see it and really get my hopes up.

Talked to the "ex" last night. He is meeting with some people for financial items today and will be ready to sit with me this weekend to review. We will be visiting the lawyers next week for the paperwork to be drawn up. Once I get that going, and he starts paying support, I can then be seriously looking for a new place.

One other place I liked is still out there. I have a few to see on Saturday, so hopefully that will give me an idea of what I am looking at.

I am still really bummed, but at least I know that is how the market goes. Something will turn up. And when it does, I hope to be ready to move forward.

No comments: