Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hanging In

Well, it's been a few days, but I have been amazingly busy. I had contacted a realtor who put me in touch with a mortgage consultant for a pre-approval. Guess what? I am approved for $250-300K all on my lil lonesome. Amazing. Of course, we wouldn't be able to eat, but hey! We'd live in a nice house! LOL

I set up appointments to start looking at houses with my new best friend, David. He is a realtor that my friend Darlene referred me to. He is wonderful and honest, and even stated that I should not get my hopes up just yet since the paperwork on the divorce has yet to be filed. He just wants me to keep a good perspective. We chatted a bit, learned about the kids we each have and so forth. Saturday we will be meeting up to look at the houses, so that should be cool. He just wants to get an idea of what I like so he can help me better.

I have driven by all the ones I had marked. The one that looked good on paper and perfect for me, was a block away from a bar. No way! The others are in quiet neighborhoods and seem to be in good condition. I don't want a home that I have to put a lot of money into right away. I have to have central air. And a decent kitchen. Those are my only real requirements.

I am still waiting to see if "he" will be able to get me the buy out amount. I know he is working on it because he has been holed up in the office every night for hours going through the paperwork. I wish I had that free time, too! I don't. I am used to it, but it would be nice if I could get my paperwork in order as well. I am also going to be calling a lawyer for a consultation on my own. I know I will have to take some time off of work for all this, but I have a plan. I have a week's vacation right now, but I earn a day a pay period. If I can hold out until next week, I won't have to dip into my vacation time. I want to save that for moving. Also, since we told Dino that we are taking him to Disney this year, I am NOT going to renege on that. I have a friend at work who has a timeshare and she is willing to let me use it in Orlando for a week. For $199. That's right, only $199. How cool is that? I figure sometime in November would be cool. Just me and Dino kicking around Disney. I can't wait. All in all, the entire trip would cost me about $1,000. If I went through Disney for it, it would be $1700. I am still trying to figure out what is the best way to go.

My sock knitting is not going quickly, but I am finally getting the hang of the DPNs. They are a real PITA to be sure. I just hope I can stick with it long enough to actually finish the other sock! LOL

Lastly, I am totally tired. I can't seem to wrap my head around things and I am feeling kinda numb. I pray that I can just keep pushing on without getting sick. I tend to get sick when I really stress out. Something tells me that I am heading there again if I am not careful. I am also eating less, since I am not really all that hungry most of the time. I even forgot to eat on Sunday and Monday until around 2 p.m. I got to get it together now.

Oh, and Dino has had 5 smiley faces a day since he started the Concerta. How's that for improvement? Prior to the meds, he had one smiley face. I am amazed and happy that it seems to be working out.

Off I go now. Later!

No comments: