Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sickies Back Again

Looks like I didn't escape the year without a down and dirty sinus infection. It started Saturday and is really kicking my butt. I should have called the doctor on Saturday but I waited until yesterday. Still, I did get some medication and I am just waiting for it to work it's magic. I was really thinking that I would beat this, but apparantly, not so. I think the stress of things is just getting to me.

My sis's post yesterday gave me pause to think - if allowing DH’s depression to ruin our lives is a choice. I know that I am not able to control his depression, nor am I able to "save" him from it. All I can do is control how I react to it. I have to think on this some more. Depression makes people totally different from who they were. The thing is, DH has been miserable and mean since Dino was born. I can barely remember the man that used to be.

I do know that I care about him, and that I want Dino to have a productive relationship with his dad. I need to think about this some more. I am not sure I am ready to end this, but I don't see how to shock DH into getting the help he deserves without such a drastic step.

Maybe I am just feverish....

No comments: