Sunday, January 27, 2008

You Won't Believe This One

Today was a day I wanted to get the spare room cleaned out so that I could put up a bed in there and stay there until I can move out. To do that, I needed "his" help since I could not lift things to put them in the attic. He decided he was taking Dino out to breakfast and then over to his sister's house. I am sure I was a hot topic of conversation. Anyway, before he left, he says,

"I'll make a deal with you - I'll help you clear out the room if you lay me."

I. KID. YOU. NOT.

It was all I could do not to hurl, scream, or run from the room in a total freak out.

No, he was totally not kidding. He kept saying "why not?". REALLY. I married the stupidist, most sleazy, tremendously vulgar man in America.

So, I told him to shove it in the nicest way possible. Then proceeded to clear out the room as much on my own as I could. Thankfully he arrived home and did assist - all the while making wise cracks like "you never did anything before why start now", or "wow, suddenly you are strong". I can't wait to get out of here.

On that note, he suddenly sprung it on me that he may not be able to get me the buy out I asked for. He said he needs time to work out how to afford it. I gave him until Thursday.

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

What a guy.
Unfreakingbelievable. Sigh.
Oh, and the buyout thing? I bet someone whispered in his ear that it might not be a good idea, so he's balking.

Lucy T said...

Ouch!
Perhaps he is trying to make it miserable enough that you are willing to leave on any terms?