Friday, February 1, 2008

The Answer is Yes

Yes, it could have gotten worse, and it did. Once I arrived home, I was dead beat and totally stressed to the max (like, for sure, valley girl!). I couldn't even play Lego Star Wars on the Wii, and that is sooooo not cool.

Dragged my butt and Dino to karate 'cause Dino has a tournament tomorrow and I wanted him to get practice in. Everything was annoying me and I was practically breaking down in tears in the "observation" area. That's when I noticed that Dino was getting a stern talking-to from Mr. HKG, his instructor. I really was upset then, as I finally realized that Dino knows more about what is going on than Tony or I thought. He is no dummy, and he is ultra sensitive so I don't know why I was surprised. He is doing things to deliberately get Mr. HKG to pay attention and give him sympathy. I now need to have a talk with Mr. HKG to let him know what is going on so that he can understand what Dino is going through (and maybe be a little less stern?).

Lastly, re-read the paperwork for my pre-approval from the bank. Interest rate at 5.8% was what was on the form. The mortgage consultant worked it out with various down payment options and it looks like I will still end up paying more than I anticipated. I now have to figure out how much Tony will pay in support to determine what I can afford. And, he is not being forthright with that information. In fact, he flatly stated that I have to find out the support amount all on my own, as he is not discussing it with me. I guess that won't be going into the divorce settlement, huh? I will be forced to go to Family Court and petition for custody on my own. That way, they determine his payment and start to garnish his paycheck for it.

Come to think of it - this whole thing is really sucky for him. I feel bad, I really do. The last thing I wanted to do was to make him suffer more. I am trying to keep reminding myself that I have to do this in order to have a decent place to bring up Dino. Am I? I can't tell.

Well, enough rambling. I am feeling ill and going to bed. Night.

No comments: