Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Are You Being Served?

Besides being a great British program, this is the question I was asked last night. At 8 p.m. the door bell rang and Tony answered the door. It was a Court Clerk delivering serving my divorce papers to me. I received them in great humor, and promptly read them. Nothing new here. Standard divorce stuff.

Still, it scared me a bit, and gave me a jolt of energy too. I was happy to see things are FINALLY moving along. The fear is of the unknown - but what else is new?

I was a bit miffed that Dino was present for this, but he didn't know what was happening since he was in a different room and I disappeared immediately after getting said papers. Hopefully he doesn't realize what it was all about.

I am anticipating my settlement paperwork today for Tony and his lawyer to review. I need to stay on top of this lawyer, as he doesn't seem to communicate very much. I also have a meeting with the mortgage consultant to review the estimated settlement sheet she sent me. Lastly, I am going to dinner with my dear friend Fr. J tonight so that will be a nice visit.

Sadly, I found that another dear friend is also going through a divorce. I need to call her. She is special to me, and we have a long history together. I consider her my "cultured" friend, since she had introduced me to many different things I would not have found on my own. Like Shakespeare, the Blues, and vintage clothes. Artsy is another term I have used, but she is not stuffy or anything :) Divorce is not fun or easy, but one an see the light through the tunnel if one looks in the right direction. Forward on to the breach, dear fellows!

No comments: