Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou?

Dudes, looking for a home is seriously depressing. If it weren't for the happy pills, I think I would lying in a fetal position in a dark room crying my eyes out. Why is this so hard? I know that I can find something, but I really don't want to move more than once. I also don't want to uproot Dino more than once. Do I rent for a year and then try to move? Do I stick it out hoping that something perfect will come my way? Not that I am sitting passively waiting for a house to fall in my lap. Even if my soon-to-be ex (henceforth known as STBX) thinks I am a witch, I know houses don't fall out of the sky....

I check the MLS daily. My saved list is dwindling. What used to show 78 houses is now down to 69. One of my "favorites" was sold. I am hoping to see a house this weekend that is well priced and in a good neighborhood, but even that could go at any moment. This is really nerve wracking.

Add to that the fact that I have no idea what Tony is doing about the paperwork. I have determined that I could be in for a fight if he nixes the child support amount that I requested (and to be honest, is way more than fair). I don't want to drag this out, but I also don't want to be in dire straits when it is over. I have to have a conversation with him about it. Believe it or not, there is fear there. What am I afraid of? Mostly a fight. It was what I was avoiding from the start. He doesn't fight fair or nice. It's one of the main reasons I am getting out of this marriage.

I have plenty to distract me these days. I have my team's reviews to complete by Friday, a training to plan and practice for next week, and a new process to roll out at work. I am quite busy. Still, I can't help but be distracted by my need for housing. Luckily, I have some time to figure it out. Even when the paperwork does come through, I have about 90 days to vacate the house we are in.

On that note, Dino reminded me last night that he wants to take his Wii with him when we move. I have been careful not to have discussions or make comments around him about the move. I don't want him stressed out. He is doing so very well at school now. He is happy, adjusting wonderfully, and really impressing the teachers. Last thing I need is for him to be sliding backward. I remind him when he says these things that he gets to take all of his things with him. He won't be without anything (except maybe the gazillion toys in the basement he is not playing with). That makes him feel better.

Lastly, I have had umpteen compliments lately about how I am slimming down. I love to hear those comments and have really used them to help feed my fragile ego right now. I feel thinner, and even if I am not completely fit, I am working on it (53 pounds gone forever!). My goal - a major MILF. I won't settle for anything less.

Gotta run. Have a training to attend today and I am hoping it won't be a sleeper. Ta-ta for now all!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Even my husband, mister "I never notice anything past my own nose" noticed that you were getting quite slim. He even said, "WOW!" I wish he had said it to you, however. But this is the man who doesn't notice when I chop about 5 inches off of my head, so what do you expect? ;)