Monday, April 7, 2008

Moving On

Yesterday, my dear sis, DG, and her hubby and kids came with me to look at a house that I am interested in. To be honest, it is not really the house that I want, but the area. The other houses in my price range are in run down looking areas. This house is in a cute neighborhood.

After getting Darling's assessment of the house, and DG's assessment of the area, I have decided to put in an offer once I can get the pre-approval from the mortgage company. I have to be honest, I am a little scared. I was really hoping for a house that I didn't have to make many changes/updates. The problem is, there isn't one in my price range that is in a really good neighborhood. So, I have just come to accept that I will have to find a house that is functional that I can make some minor changes to over time. This house needs to have some inspections done to be sure there is nothing structurally wrong with it and I want a termite report. Other than that, I can live in the house and make some modifications as I go. The only big question - will my furniture fit? Tony is giving me almost all the furniture and I was hoping to take the dining set (which is HUGE). Not sure how that will work, but I am sure I will figure it out.

Confession: I joined Match.com to see what was out there. In 24 hours, I had 68 men look at my profile and 4 men email me to see if we could meet. Ok, now really guys, do you think that I am just going to run right out and meet up with you? These men emailed me some vague description of themselves (and don't have any real information on their profiles). I replied that I would like to correspond with them for a bit and then perhaps talk on the phone. Surprise! None of them responded to me. Shocker. Players abound :) I think that Match.com will not be the place for me to start looking into dating. I am going to take a vow of single-cy (yes, I made that up) to give myself time to heal and be in a better place mentally and emotionally. I don't need any XY chromosome drama right now....

Off I go! Almost done knitting my sister's purse, too, and then I can felt and block it. I have no other UFOs at this point, so I am trying to figure out what to do next :)

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Remember, the only thing you cannot change about a house is location. Not that I'm trying to influence you in any way, shape or form. But it's true. The house is more than livable. Really just needs cosmetic work. If it has good bones then you don't have to worry about the house coming down around you when you sleep.
As cute as some of the other houses are (they are well decorated and SHOW nicely) the location cannot be changed. Sigh. Not fair, is it?