Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Coming Soon!

I have been wanting to post pics of my freshly mowed lawn (which was an adventure, let me tell you!) but I have had very little time to do so. Yes, I mowed my own lawn :) My dear BIL had to drain the gas tank after I inadvertantly poured the wrong oil into it the wrong way, so I am forever in his debt...again....

Anywhoo, the lawn was mowed and I realized after the rain this weekend it will need it again soon. I will be getting in quite the workout!

On that note, I have gained 4 pounds since I moved. This is not a good thing. I have to get my nerves and my comfort eating under control for goodness sake. Certainly won't be impressing my date on Saturday night unless I do. What's that? You didn't know I had a date? Yes, it is true! I am meeting a man that I have been talking to online and by phone for a little over a month. He seems like he is very sweet and we have spoken at length for an hour or more at a time over the past few weeks. I am not getting excited about this, as I am only looking for someone to "hang" with. No deep commitments for me yet! Trying to be cool about this dating thing. Not that I ever was. Seriously, I could take it or leave it right now, so don't expect to be hearing of any wedding plans anytime soon. I didn't mention him before because I wanted to see how it panned out. I have already had two dates that were very odd and left me feeling a bit peevish. Apparantly, some men on the online site I belong to are preying on newly divorced or separated women. Luckily, I found that out quick enough to see right through their schemes. Seriously, a 23 year old emailing a 39 year old has got to raise a few red flags! Who are they kidding? I put them in their place, though. And the guys my age that want to rush right out for drinks and "fun" - they just need to grow up. Ok, off my soap box now.

So, in the spirit of getting myself back on track, I am going back to Induction for Atkins. I have been meaning to do it for a few weeks, but it is definitely time. Then, I have to figure out where in my hectic schedule I can fit in my work outs. That has been the hardest part. Although getting up earlier is probably the key. I just need to work it all out.

Took Dino for a hair cut last night. He wanted a mohawk in the worst way. He made me ask Mr. HKG first, to be sure he was "allowed" to have one as a karate student. That seemed to make Mr.HKG very happy that Dino even thought about him. Of course, he approved. And I wanted to take a picture of it and post it, but we didn't have time last night by the time we got home. Sigh! Where did all that time I used to have go?

Ok, need to get to work. I'll be posting again regularly, I hope!

Oh, and knitting is non-existent these days. I have it with me, I just can't seem to cast-on. Perhaps my feeling of being a bit overwhelmed is hindering me. I guess I just have to make like the commercial and JUST DO IT! I really want to make a summer shrug for over tank tops. It's not going to knit itself :) Ta-ta!

3 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Good luck on your date on Saturday! Take it slow and just enjoy yourself. Be open to the come what mays.

Do be sure to respond to my e-mail when you have a minute or two and let me know how it goes.

Good for you, girl!!

R said...

Good for you for even attempting to fill the lawn mower. I have mowed my lawn before, but am clueless about what goes in it. What a great BIL you have. :)

And while it's not great that you gained weight, it's very impressive that you are doing something about it. How hard is Atkins? I need to do something NOW!

CryssyeR said...

Atkins has been the easiest thing I have tried to date - and I tried them all! No weighing or measuring. The only thing to count is the carbs, and to be aware of hidden carbs. Really, Atkins is a cinch! Email me if you want more info.