Friday, June 20, 2008

TGIF!

Well, it's been a great week. I am getting rid of my dining room set, the roofer called to fix the collars around the pipes, and I have a date. I also received money back from my divorce attorney ($1,042! Whoo-hoo!) and can shop a little for my new dining set, range and fridge. I only have to find someone who will fix the bricks on the chimney to feel like I am really in the pink.

Oh, and my neighborhood association has started a can/bottle recycling program! That is big news, people. It has always irked me that Delaware doesn't mandate recycling. It has something to do with the fact that we pay less in taxes, I believe. Anyway, there are recycling centers around (one only a mile from my house FTW!), but each town has been charged with starting their own programs. I proudly put out my cans and bottles yesterday for pick up :)

And...as if that wasn't exciting enough (I know, sad and suburban, but pbltt! I am enjoying it), I am inspired to create recycling bags for my recycling. I am crocheting them - don't fret! I will be back to knitting as soon as this is done. It's just that it is easier to crochet the mesh bags than knit them - at least it looks easier to me. I am really such a dweeb.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Yeah for Dining Room Set! Yeah for roofers! Yeah for recycling.

But BOO FOR NO PLASTIC!

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Hope your weekend was good. I am eager to hear about the date!