Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday!

What a weekend :)

I sold the dining room set on Saturday. It was a crazy morning. The roofer came at 8:30 to replace the collars on the pipes on the roof. Then, right after he left, the couple came to pick up the dining room. Unfortunately, the wife didn't realize how heavy the pieces were (although I did warn her several times) and she didn't bring anyone else to help put them on the truck. As I am unable to lift really heavy objects, I was little help. After they discussed it, the wife found two landscapers up the street to help her husband out. They were cool about it, and by 10:30, I had an empty dining room. It looked HUGE without the monster set taking up all the space! And, I had $1700 in my pocket to spend on a new set...

After I cleaned the room up and put up my folding table and chairs as a temporary dining set, I played Wii with Dino. I was cranky (thanks to Aunt Flo and insomnia the night before) but we played for quite some time. I was continuously jumping up and doing things (part of my ADD, I am sure). I managed to do laundery, clean the bathroom, run the vacuum (where I discovered that my living room rug that is wool sheds like crazy), clear out the kitchen, and picked up the bedrooms. Then, I realized what time it was and had to rush to get ready for my date.

I rushed out of the house a little later than I would have liked. I forgot Dino's meds for my dear Sis DG to administer, and I forgot that I had Aunt Flo and didn't have "stuff" with me. To add insult to injury my gas tank was down to 1/4 tank and I was in a rush. I dropped Dino off and headed off. I stopped for gas and still managed to get to our meeting point at this place. I arrived at 5:45 p.m., and proceeded to wait. I waited in the car, then in the lobby, then finally asked for a table. At 6:40 p.m. I still didn't see Andrew. So, I called. He was sitting at another restaurant a block away! It was kind of funny. He finally arrived and we sat down to have our meal. The food was good, the conversation was too. As the night wore on, I realized that this was the first man I had met who LIKED to talk! And boy could he talk. We finished dinner (which was WAY yummy - if you ever visit this establishment, try the St. Barts Citrus Chicken with double broccoli. MMMMMMMMmmmmm.) then we went for a walk to find an ice cream parlor. No luck there, so we stood outside of his truck and talked some more. Before I knew it, it was 11:30 and time to head home. He gave me a hug and a quick kiss. It was ok, no fireworks, but I like this guy. He talks a lot, but he is down to earth, a hard worker, and has great family values. He is especially close to this brother's children and sees them almost every weekend. I won't talk about EVERYTHING we discussed, but suffice it to say there will be a second date. I am not really sure how I feel about him, and I am not sure there is a strong attraction, but there could be a friendship. That alone makes a second date worth it.

I got home and went straight to bed, with all the intentions of getting up early to get Dino's meds to him early in the morning. When the alarm went off, I must have hit snooze because before I knew it, it was 9:20 a.m. Wow! I was groggy and beat. After calling DG, I threw on any old clothes and made the trek to Chez DG. When I arrived, I found that Bugaboo had pulled his best Houdini tricks the night before and that DG wanted to go to Walmart to buy some door alarms. On the way back from Walmart, we stopped at the Raymour and Flannigan Outlet store on a whim. I wanted to look and see what they had as far as dining room sets go. I had been doing some research on furniture and fell in love with Broyhill's Attic Heirloom series. Unfortunately, it was prohibitively expensive. It just so happened that at that moment, they had this series on the floor. Although the hutch was too big for my house, the salesman showed me a glass door bookcase that I could use instead and I fell in love with it. The best part - the total was only $1790 - so in essence, I only spent $90 on my new set! After 30 minutes, it was scheduled to be delivered at my house the same day!

And, here it is....





So, all in all, it was a pretty good weekend. I had to stop at the Ex's house this morning to drop off a form that needed my signature and there was a strange car in the driveway next to his truck. Yup, the GF slept over. For some reason, that REALLY bothers me. Not that I didn't know that he had a GF, but it felt like a slap in the face to see that he so easily and quickly replaced me. I guess I am not quite "over it" as I thought. Bummer. Yes, I know that he uses people. And, yes, I know that he treats women like property. I just wanted to feel like I was ready to move on as quick as he seems to be. I am lonely too. And the thing is, as practical as I am about things right now, I crave interaction with that one special person. I never had that in my marriage. This is the main reason that I decided things weren't working. I have to trust that it will all work out as it was meant to be.

But hey! I at least get to enjoy my new lovely dining room :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the date. Go Slow. Dining room set gorgeous. Margie

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I like the new dining set. What a great deal you got on it!

The date sounds like it was also good. I am so delighted to hear that. And I know what you mean about not knowing how to feel. So, don't. Just go with it and see where it takes you.

As for the GF, they both sound like idiots. She for being the known rebound girl and he for thinking that he had nothing to learn from the divorce. You know what it equals: a recipe for diseaster!

Domestic Goddess said...

Love that set! It looks so much better in there!

As for the GF thing, EW! I can't believe she is sleeping over less than a month after you move out. Guess he hasn't learned.