Monday, July 7, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust...

Dave flaked on me. Turns out that he doensn't want "stress" or to deal with Tony's continual power plays. Don't blame him actually. I don't want to deal with them either! Part of me also thinks that Dave saw an easy conquest in me, being newly divorced and all. It seems to be a common theme these days. So, although the Inner Harbor was a nice visit, and the dinner was yummy, I am not all that upset about the loss of another date. I wasn't "feeling it" anyway, to be totally frank. So I guess in a way, I was using him too. I am a bit annoyed that Tony scared off someone I was trying to get to know. But, since it wasn't the stellar experience I was hoping for, no foul, no harm. Onward and upward, that's my new motto.

So, on Friday AM at 12:20, I left Tony this long message about wanting to get things off my chest and about how he needed to step up and grow up. If he was serious about not seeing Dino anymore, all he had to do was terminate his parental rights. No questions asked, no fight from me. Believe me, y'all, I would rather save Dino the years in therapy later! Still, I offered that if Tony DID want a relationship with his son, that I would help set up a therapy appointment for the two of them. Most of Dino's stress is from him so it makes perfect sense that dad should accompany Dino to therapy and hear about the crap going on first hand.

At 9:30 AM Friday, Tony called to see if he could have Dino back. I hesitated at first. What if the same thing happened? I told him that he could have him Saturday into Sunday, but that I would not be dragged into anymore crap. I cannot continously come to his "rescue" when he couldn't get Dino to do what he wanted. He agreed and also stated that he would like to attend therapy with Dino. Hallelujah! A glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.... Tony arrived early Saturday and I made him wait outside while I got Dino out the door. I hate to be a beeotch, but I wanted to make it clear that he was not welcome in my home at this point. Once his attitude/control issues are resolved, maybe. But not now. They left and I fell into my chair exhausted...

For the rest of the weekend, I kept myself busy. I got my nails done, had my sister and niece over for lunch, attended fireworks with DG and family. Sunday was a blur or repotting plants, cleaning the deck, steam cleaning my carpet, laundry, putting together my new vacuum and watching the marathon of Clean House on Style. Yup, that's one of my guilty pleasures. I also discovered The Two Coreys this weekend. Wow, are they messed up! I had no idea....and I still have a crush on Feldman. So sue me....

Anyway, Tony kept Dino over last night and took him to camp today. He felt the need to call me at work and give me the "status report" that Dino was a "good boy" and there were no issues. I repeated back, "Oh, so you didn't have any problems dealing with Dino? That's good. For you." The man truly believes that Dino is the problem, people! I can't wait to get him to Dino's therapist. He is in for a rude awakening.

And guess what? Tony felt the need to leave me a message tonight about how I didn't leave any batteries in the house, and how the food in the pantry is expired. Do I really give a flying FLOCK? I actually laughed when I listened to the message. I resisted the tiny urge to call him back and tell him to get over himself. When I left, a month ago, the food wasn't expired. I really don't get this guy. Why would he think I cared? He is having a really hard time letting go. And a teensy itsy bitty part of me is feeling sorry for him. But after Thursday night, that part is easily crushed by my new onward and upward drive. I will not give him any satisfaction by calling him back. He can eat expired pasta if he wants. I cooked myself a steak :)

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Good news about Tony. I wish him and Dino success in therapy. I know they can do it. That is really healthy and mature of him.