Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It Ain't Easy Being Green

Whoo-hoo! The recycling center near me takes cardboard. And bottles, and cans, and plastics and paper. Awesome. I took a car load of boxes and paper there on Sunday morn. It was cool.

Also, finished my one market bag and decided to check it out at the store. Dino and I got 3 microwave meals, mozzarella cheese, a box of ice cream bars, two packs of strawberries, and some shredded cheddar. It fit nicely in the bag with room to spare. And I felt great not getting any plastic bags! I decided to make one for DG, AG, and my older sis. Everyone should have one of these bags. They are too cool...

Doing what I can to reduce my foot print.

So what's going on with GeekChick?

Well, I am disappointed in myself. Since my divorce I have gained back 10 pounds. NOT GOOD, PEOPLE! Yes, I yelled that. I am angry with me. I should know better. Also, with my birthday celebrations over, I can blame some of that weight gain on all the carbs I ate while I partied it up.

So now I have to have a plan to attack the unwanted extra baggage. And to get my butt in gear. My schedule is really crazy, but I have to be able to fit in a workout somewhere! I don't think I will go back to induction for Atkins. I really don't want to cut out all the carbs as I had done before. Plus, I am really sick of eggs. I need to find something lo-carb that will be something I can stick to forever. Really, being honest with myself, I knew the carbs would put weight back on. It's how my body reacts that is the problem. Ok, and the quality of the carbs that is the other problem. Didn't need to eat the rolls with the burger or hot dog. So, I have a long way to go to get over this food issue...sigh.

Also, I am conversing with a new guy now. This time, I am keeping caution in the forefront. Don't need to be "tripping" about another man at this point. I really just want to take care of me right now. I need it.

The BBQ on Sunday was a blast, but I was cranky for some of it. Turns out, and pardon me if this is TMI, that Aunt Flo was on her way and I didn't know it. No signs, so signals. I was at work yesterday (totally unprepared!) and she just showed up. So, I had to rush home and change. I was humiliated. But, it explains why I was cranky when I really didn't want to be. Still, everyone seemed to have fun. And, I got to meet a famous blogger! Whoo-hoo! Love ya, AG!

So, rambling is over now. Have to get back to work. Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments: