Monday, July 21, 2008

Too Hot

Good news to share #1:
Geek Chick needs a rest. It was a crazy weekend! I had a great date on Saturday night. Shawn and I went to dinner, took a walk by the water front, played Wii games and downed an entire bottle of wine. We kissed, talked, and had fun with Wii Play. It was really a nice night - and morning. We ended up being up all hours and almost watched the sun rise. Wow. And, he's hot. Just sayin'.

Naturally, I was really beat and slept until 10 a.m. yesterday. Then it was rush, rush, rush. After watching the final episode of Avatar:The Last Airbender (that DG so graciously recorded on her DVR for us. Thanks, DG!) and getting Dino home from his cousin's house, I rushed to get ready for my "next date" with another guy. This one I had been talking to on the phone. Since the heat index was so high, I decided to dress cool. Still, I think I looked good. At least, I felt good! Well, that date didn't work out so well. We barely spent an hour together. I could tell right away that he was not interested in me, but I went through the dinner anyway. Hey, it was worth that, right?

Well, it was to me. The food was good. Steve is a really nice guy, but I don't think that he is into having a relationship as much as having someone in his life right now. He hasn't even filed for divorce yet! 'Sides, Shawn and I hit it off so well, that I was probably putting off some vibe to stay away. I'm honest at least.

So, no harm, no foul. After picking Dino up from my older sis's house and fighting weird traffic all the way home, I finally crawled into bed at 10 p.m. And, I was exhausted!

Good news to share #2:
I am finally losing weight again. I was on a comfort eating binge for a few weeks and gained 10 pounds. I think I shared that before. Anyhoo, this morning, I am down 5 of those pounds. Whew! I just need to get in my 30 minutes of workout every day to be fully back on track. That is my next initiative. I am looking at hitting my mini-goal by this time next month! That would be just amazing....and I found this great online community (free! can't beat that) for Atkins followers. Interestingly (is that a word?) the board is very active and has a good number of followers. I can't wait to see how I progress. I already shared my before and during pictures with them. I want to do the same here...



Don't I look hot? LOL Seriously, I need to keep these pics in front of me to remind me where I was and where I am going....One day, I may post a bathing suit pic! Ok, maybe not, but hey, I can dream :)

6 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

You go girl with your hot dates.

I totally owe you an e-mail. Soon, I promise!

Anonymous said...

You are becoming a sexless slut. And how, may I ask, is this helping you to enter a convent? ...I'm just saying.

Domestic Goddess said...

Dang. What is that first picture from? I dont' remember you that way! HOLY COW!!!
You look so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great job. Lookin Gooooddd. Congratulations. Margie

Domestic Goddess said...

BTW, CALL ME!!!! Before you ago away for the weekend, mmkay?

Adorable Girlfriend said...

We should go to Weight Watchers together. And to singles bars afterwards!!!

:)