Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're Outta Here

Leaving tomorrow for the mountains and our yearly family reunion. Dino and I haven't been there since he was tiny. It should be a blast. Wish I could really be camping, but we are staying in a cabin (I think. It may be a house. Whatever!) I just can't wait to get away...

On a really sad note, Dino found out the hard way that neighbors are not always nice. When we came home from karate tonight, the kids across the street were playing with the kids around the corner. Dino went over to ask to play. I was in the laundry room and didn't hear him come in and go to his room. When I found him there, he was crying. Turns out the snotty kids across the street told him that he couldn't play with them "because there were too many kids" and their aunt (who was supposed to be watching them but was no where to be seen) can't handle any more. Well, this crushed Dino. And I was HOT. I marched over there and confronted the one kid - Jill - who then told me that her aunt said no more kids could play. Since my child was the only one left out, I was really angry, but I had to understand. I also was ticked that the beeotch was not outside or anywhere around while the band of kids were running amok. WTF? I was willing to be there while Dino played, but I decided that it was just not worth the aggravation. I explained to Dino that since their mom wasn't home, the aunt just couldn't be expected to keep her eyes on so many of them (there were actually a couple of her own kids there). So, we came home. He was so confused. I calmly explained (even thought I didn't feel calm) that when a sitter is watching someone's kids, it's not a good idea to have extra kids over. In all, there were already 8 kids running around. Dino said "But I'll watch myself!" He didn't really get it. I said that it wasn't because of him, that the kids were probably just doing what they were told. He then commented, "It's because their mom doesn't like you and she is turning people against us." Well, that he must have overheard me saying to my friend so I quickly stopped him and told him that the comment was adult talk and not to be repeated. Deep down inside, I felt he was probably right. I hope not. But, we won't find out until next week.

Right now, I just want to finish packing and go to bed. Tomorrow we leave! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Kids are tough creatures.