Friday, August 1, 2008

Took My Big Girl Pill

The Ex called me a little while ago.

Wanted to know if I would let him take Dino to the shore for Labor Day Weekend. He then said his girlfriend was going.

My first reaction was, "Hell No!"

But then I took my big girl pill. I cannot keep Dino away from the situation forever. He has already met the GF (and has spent time with her) and it seemed to be fine. What was not fine was my reaction to her. So, I decided that it was time to let it go and let things be. Having the GF there will only keep Ex on his best behavior and not brow beat and verbally assault Dino. I did stress that he needs to keep aware of Dino's reactions and if he seems resentful or upset that he was not to discipline, but rather take Dino for some 1:1 time. Hopefully that will actually work. We'll see. In any case, I feel really good about it. I think it was time to let Dino see his dad with another woman and see how it goes. And, it gives me a 4 day weekend :)

No comments: