Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Post #2 - The Importance of Being Positive

Good morning, cyber friends!

Day 2 of my experiment and I really need it today. Received a collection notice in the mail yesterday from the cable/phone company and they never received back the router that the MFE claims to have returned. I was NOT happy. How can I turn that into a positive? The MFE agreed to pay for the missing router! How's that for heck freezing over? I was so moved, I agreed to pay for half if he paid for half since it was only fair. Life is good.

That is only one thing I wanted to share. I also received my new slamming outfit in the mail yesterday. An AWESOME find on eBay for only $40. It has a wool-ish skirt, a suede-ish brown jacket and a soft yummy tan sleeveless mock turtleneck sweater. I can't wait for the brown boots to arrive to complete my new fall look. All for under $100. Love that!

Speaking of love - did you know that love is all around? It's true! It may not be evident. There are many people in my life that love me. How cool is that?!? I am very thankful for them. I may not have a "significant other" right now, but once I learn to love myself, that should fall into place. Working on it! I used to think that I was the most butt ugly person on the face of the earth, and I felt it inside. Walking the planet feeling like the most unattractive being is not pretty folks. I found that the reason I felt that way was because of the turmoil inside. I have already found that by purging the negative, I feel so much better about myself. I am not a super model (and let's be honest, would I want to be? Throwing up and starvation is not my cup of tea), but I do have plenty of great things about me that I am proud of. So here is my list of things that I LOVE about myself (yes, I said I love something about me! This is addicting!)....

  • I am a GOOD mom.

  • I am Loving and Compassionate.

  • I am friendly.

  • I have pretty hair (white hair and all).

  • I am persistent in the face of adversity.

  • I have good features.

  • I am pretty funny when I want to be.


  • See, that is a pretty good start. I'll work on more for another post. Have a POSITIVE day, y'all!

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    You are too f#@*&%@ nice. The lying pig, (and I mean that in the most christian way), should pay for the lost router.

    You have a child and a dog. You don't need a significant other. They are your signifacant others for now.

    Do you ever watch, "What Not To Wear"? It is amazing to me that clothes that fit and are flattering, a new hair style and the correct type and application of make-up can be a life changing boost for these women. Don't feel run down, ugly, etc. You are not and you are loved.

    P.S. Watch, "What Not To Wear" Stacy London is a hoot!

    Adorable Girlfriend said...

    Excellent post. You are all those things and more!

    Domestic Goddess said...

    You know that WE love you. Even if you don't have that "other half" right now, you are working on something more important right now. YOU! And YOU deserve it and need it. Put yourself first for the first time in your life!
    ps - YOU are also a pretty awesome sister and aunt. Just so you know.