Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 2008 - September 2009

The Year of Me.

That's right. An entire year.

I am taking a FULL YEAR, y'all. A full year to find out what makes Geek Chick happy. A full year to discover again if I really don't like oatmeal. An entire year to do whatever makes my geeky heart happy.

I have a mantra - "I need to be happy with me, before I am happy with someone else".

So, I need to find out what will make me complete as a person. What makes me tick. What the heck am I supposed to do with 2 pounds of leftover spackling putty?

1 full year to play with my son, share memories with my son, grow with my son...
12 months to work out, get out, not put out, cut my hair, grow my hair, color my hair...
52 weeks to read, write, no arithmatic, try new things, cook new foods, grow my own food...
365 days to walk the dog, train the dog, put on the dog and party...
8760 hours to watch what I want, eat what I want (the right stuff of course), go where I want, knit what I want...
525,600 minutes to find my bliss.

I better get started, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.) Don't mess with your hair color. Woman pay big bucks to have your hail color or a reasonable facsimile.

2.) Add to/incorporate in this year getting back to the roots of faith, religion and worship...PRAY!!!! And a weekend retreat wouldn't kill you.

3.) If you are truly serious about this then seeking relationships with "new" men in your life is probably not a good idea. Cultivate the relationships you already have.

4.) Walk the dog, it's great exercise.

5.) Love, love, love, love...and don't waste it on a-holes, male or female.

Domestic Goddess said...

Get busy livin' or get busy dying, right? Well, I can see you are busy livin'. Good for you! Can't wait to see you next September.

PS - do not color your hair. But grow it out a little...maybe a style change is in order for the new you.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I love this post. You are so focused on the positive and the possibility ... you make me want to make my own list of things I can do FOR ME, and BECAUSE I CAN in the next year. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to updates ... particularly on the dog front! You rock!

Adorable Girlfriend said...

This sounds like the best year ever! Good for you. Girl, you are a masterpiece already. In one year, you are going to surpass into rock star status!