Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sick In the City

Sunday was a good day. Bug Boy was over playing with Dino. They went to lunch with me and my dear friend Jeff, who is being nursed through a tragic breakup, and they were so well behaved, I almost forgot they were there. We had a great time. Bug Boy was picked up by his dad, Uncle Bug, at 3:30 p.m. and I was coached through my own crisis by my big sis. It all looked like it was going so well...

Then it happened.

Dino was lying on the couch, feeling tired. I thought it was because he was up until 11:30 the night before with Bug Boy. Then I touched his neck. Burning up. I took his temp and lo and behold! It was 101.3 and he was just out for the count. It seriously snuck up on us. It was then that Dino decided he wanted to get into his jammies. Once he got to his room, Mount Vesuvius was reincarnated. I kept Dino calm but all the while I was cussing in my head. I don't have time for illness!

I settled Dino on the couch with a blanket and proceeded to clean up. Once that was done, I decided it was a good idea to hit the hay extra early. All night Dino kept waking with the fever. I was running out of meds for him and feeling drained myself.

Monday was a mix of fever/eruptions and I worked from home. By Monday night, I wasn't feeling too well myself.

I had to keep Dino home an extra day due to the fever not breaking until early Monday night. I picked up his work from school (side note: you should have seen the mountain of work he was given! What is his teacher thinking???), hit the pharmacy for some more meds and some ginger ale and Gatorade, and headed back home to bed. Tuesday passed.

Wednesday, I went back to work so I wouldn't lose more time. I wasn't feeling 100% but good enough to be in the office.

Today, three of my co-workers are sick with the same stomach bug. Ewwwww. I am not sure if I passed it on, or if it is just "going around". All I know is I need to up my vitamins and get more rest so I don't keep getting sick!

***************************************

More of the same....

Mr. HKG has been making eyes at me again. No, I am NOT imagining this. He is back to going out of his way to been seen and to meet my eyes with his. Not sure what is up with that. I do know that I have been looking pretty good this week (if I do say so myself) as I discovered a newer flattering way to wear my hair and have been making an effort to look "polished" due to my new MK venture. It is probably just the casual flirting thing, but it is causing much confusion (and hot and heavy dreams) for me. I KNOW he is with someone - and possibly getting married - so what the hey? I am deliberately avoiding his looks and going out of MY way to not look as much in his direction. I think I am just going to have to stop watching the class and start making myself scarce so as to avoid the temptation to flirt back. That will be totally hard, my friends...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Careful. He sounds a little insincere, especially if he is supposed to be getting married. Ugh. I would hate to be his future wife. Margie