Monday, September 15, 2008

Talk About Validation

Yesterday I was feeling really, really low. I stared at my inventory and wondered how the heck I was ever going to move it. I fretted, freaked, and generally just fell apart. So, naturally, I called my sister.

Big Sis is my sponsor into MK and she is also a lot wiser and level headed than me. She can totally keep me from freaking out. I was laying on her all the stress, anxiety, fear, and foolishness that I was feeling. My car needs work, I need to get a new fridge and stove, I desperately need to mow the lawn (and haven't had the time). What was I possibly thinking starting a new business NOW? I am sick.

My debut is Saturday and most of my work friends cannot make it. I was really counting on them. I don't have any difinites yet and it was making me a little nutty. My Big Sis coached me on some things to do and made me feel like I CAN do this if I put my mind to it. I did a couple of her suggestions and decided to just see what happens.

Just 10 minutes later, I got a call out of the blue. A lady that found my number through the search on the Mary Kay website and needed a new consultant. Ok, so here I was doubting my choice to do this and I get this call out of the blue? Well, I think I received my confirmation :)

3 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Life has twist and turns. We are all learning to ride them out.

I am glad to hear about the good turns.

Anonymous said...

I've tried to sell MK before. But unfortunately, I'm just not a sales person. But I love the product. Do you have an email address. I don't know where you are but I might would place an order depending. Margie

CryssyeR said...

Hey Margie, thanks for the vote of confidence :)

You can email me at geekygyrl@yahoo.com....