Monday, September 8, 2008

Update on Year of Me

For me, I was all by my lonesome on Friday night and Saturday during the day. Did whatever the hell I wanted to. Got my nails done on Friday night, and then proceeded to watch tv until 3:30 a.m. I slept until about 9 a.m. and then got my ass up to do some small things. Because of the rain, no yard sale at my sister's house (that will be this Saturday instead). So the dog and I just puttered around. I did some laundry, put up one curtain rod in my room (which is off, so I have to fix it) and determined that being short sucks because I wasn't tall enough to reach the one side. Hence the reason the rod is off a bit. Anyway, took a nap, then started a new crochet project while I watched a movie. Nice relaxing day....until the ex called me. He left me 2 voice mail messages that Dino wouldn't eat and he was bored. Could he drop Dino off early? I was pissed off, but happy to see my son. I was stopping at the store anyway, so I offered to pick Dino up. Still, when I got there (in torrential downpours, I might add) the ex was all dressed up and he was obviously going out for the night. Fucker. He just wanted to get rid of Dino early so he could go out. What a scumbag asshole. Yes, I am angry. My poor son spends NO quality time with his dad. If the ex's girlfriend was around, he would have kept Dino the whole weekend. What a loser! Can't even spend 24 hours with his own kid. I found out that he took Dino to the movies on Friday night (big surprise since he can't think of anything else to do with the kid) and that they "napped" on Saturday. I am so pissed off, I could spit fire. I really want to talk to him about it, but what do I say? "You can't dump the kid when you are bored with him"?

But, once I had Dino home, it all sort of melted away. We just enjoyed being together and watching another movie while he kept hugging me on the couch. Really, I enjoy being the better parent in that case :)

So, in all, the anger disappeared. I will be following DG's advice and henceforth will email the Ex for all communications about visitation. This way, I have a record of all the crap that is going on in case I need to go back to the courts....

No comments: