Friday, October 31, 2008

#28 - More Fun Than A Barrel Of Monkeys

Wow, y'all! I can't believe how a little baseball talk can spark such animated banter :) For the record, my eyes glaze over only on the math that computes any baseball averages. I understand Pi and algeria therom. It is totally possible that I just didn't care enough (before meeting J, that is) to understand or attempt to commit to memory the batting averages or on base average. However, so Geek Chick is not totally excluded from the conversations taking place on her own blog, she will now take some time to study these concepts and be able to make an intelligent comment or two.

Speaking of spirited conversation, yesterday's post has fueled quite the debate. It's the most fun my blog has seen in years. And I am loving it. The more debate there is, the more I learn anyway. So carry on friends! One of these days I'll be able to join in the verbal sparring....

On a different note - only 30 hours (more or less)until J time! He did come for dinner last night, and a nice dinner it was. Short, but very, very sweet. Holding hands and stealing a kiss or two is enough to hold me over...for at least a day or two. I was so jazzed after he left that I decided to clean the really disgusting fish tank. By the way, NOT my choice to even have a fish tank. Thank my Nutty Mom for that idea. It was cool until I realized that I had NO idea how to clean the damn thing...but I digress. Once I got started, I felt I had to finish it up. Have to say that the thought crossed my mind that if the fish somehow expired in the transfer of tank to bowl and back again, I would not shed a tear. But, Dino likes his fish, so that idea was shot down pretty quick.

After much cursing, freaking, and general mayhem, I have a mostly clean tank. Still need a new filter. But at least the water is not green. Yes, it was REALLY disgusting. And I really don't want to ever have to do that again....

It's also Halloween. That means tons of snot nosed brats...er, I mean kids, coming by for free candy. At my last place of residence, I never had to worry about trick-or-treaters. We were on the main road and thankfully people were smart enough to not let their demon spawn run around there. So, for the last 3 years, no candy was given out. However, this year will be different. I live in a REAL neighborhood and there are about 20 kids within a 2 block radius. Probably more. I know I will run out of candy, but that's ok. I can clear out the fruit snacks that Dino has suddenly developed an aversion to. I am attending Dino's school party and parade this afternoon (and forgot my camera! ACK!) then will rush home to pack him for the weekend and get ready for the night. Not sure what Dino is doing as far as Trick-or-Treating himself, as this is his dad's weekend and he should be going with him. But, true to form, MFE has no idea what the plans are and doesn't much care. Sigh. Just waiting to find out the plans. I am sure it will work out.

Must get to work now....only 29 more hours to go!

5 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I do what I can to liven up the place. Just wait until DG shows off her brainy self. She'll bury most of us!

Yay for the weekend! I am off to the parade soon. I will try to get some photos.

Domestic Goddess said...

Yes, the Hostess with the Mostess has her pumpkin carved, Candy in the bowl ready to go, porch decorated (complete with plug in lights and jack o'lantern) and costumes hand made and complete last night. And now I'm gonna crash and burn tomorrow, 'cause that's my MO.
*snort*

CryssyeR said...

See, that's why I love you guys! AG, have fun at the parade. DG, enjoy tonight! J, see you soon ;)

Jeff said...

Not soon enough, babe. Not soon enough.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

DG is so showing off her Martha Stewart Mad Skillz. I am going to her house for Christmas, after I stop by Ruth Wells Chanukah party because she FAILED to tell me her hubbie is of TRIBE! She is so witholding from AG.

And ick at the fridge notes. Icccck.

:P