Saturday, October 11, 2008

Post #12 (since I skipped it earlier) - TIOBP

I found another bonus that comes from being positive in my life. I seem to be sleeping better! Yay! No drug induced dreams, no waking 4-5 times per night to stare at the ceiling. How about that? It helps that the weather has cooled at night and I am able to open the windows and snuggle into my comforter. It's my favorite thing (well, next favorite thing) to do in bed. I sleep best when the air is crisp and chilly and the bed is warm like a nest. It's all cozy and snuggly. MMMMMMmmmmmm.... oh, sorry, drifted off there.

I love fall. I may have mentinoed it before. Fall is my absolute fav time of year. The air is crisp, the days are a little shorter, and the leaves turn into a stunning display of color. I know I talked about my back yard backing to the county park. Another added bonus is that I have some leaves in my backyard!!! Those of you who know me, or have been reading awhile know that the MFE cut down every single tree in our yard at the other house. Nary a leaf, y'all. How can you build a leaf pile and run through it? It's an integral part of childhood....at least in the states that have trees that turn and drop leaves :)

Dino has karate and soccer today. At some point, we will need to stop at the pet store to get a new filter for the fish tank I never wanted (story at 11). But, it's such a pretty day that I don't care what we do as long as it is outside. I usually spend my summers cooped up in air conditioning as I cannot stand the heat. It just gives me headaches and a feeling of fatigue. I may be allergic to summer. LOL So, naturally, when the cooler weather comes, I am jonesing to get out.

Tonight is a special night. Dino and I are taking my friend J (yes, that J, but the date is tomorrow night) to a local orchard for pumpkin picking and a hayride. It should be a blast. I can't wait! I love the corn maze, the fall treats (even though I will NOT partake), and the whole atmosphere. It's just a lot of fun. I've already told Dino that J is mommy's friend and he seemed to get it. Honestly, I think I make more of things than Dino does! LOL

So, today's TIOBP tip - enjoy the weather. Get out and do something! Take a walk, go for a ride, sit on your deck, step or porch. Whatever you do, go out into the glory of creation and drink in the goodness of fall.

Happy Fall, Y'All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do nudists get hot in the summer? Maybe you should become one. I think they are called naturalists now, so it is not as jarring to other folk. Of course then you have to worry about sun dammaged skin... Hey, do you sell anything to help that?