Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Post #21 - TIOBP

Top O' the morning to you!

24 hours has gone by in a blur. It was a non-stop day at work with meeting after meeting. The highlight of my day was getting to see J in a bathing suit....mind you, he was 14 at the time, but still looked like him now :) Yes, J, quite the looker! No wonder your HS friends had crushes on you...

Today is supposed to be a little more contained. I have a number of things to set up for a meeting tomorrow, but I am also feeling like I can finally get to some of my projects that I have been procrastinating on. What? Me? Procrastinate? Never! Ok, it's true. Must be a family trait as I know DG also has similar issues.

Was up pretty late last night. And, still managed to awake at 4 a.m. Sheesh. What's a GeekGirl have to do to sleep a little?

Had a dream about J - and he's reading this, so I will keep it rather tame - but it was definitely a hot dream. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Can't help it! He's sexy, what can I say? It was the dream that actually woke me up. Must have been in the latter stages of REM sleep. Whatever. It set the tone for me today, so it HAS to be a good day.

Dino received his interim report (read: report card. What's up with these new PC terms anyway?). It was really a good one. All scores in the 90's. Yup, I'm proud of my little guy. Of course, there was a "needs improvement" in the behavior check box. Sigh. The comment said that he is "still distruptive and constantly talking". Really. What shock. NOT. I have the feeling that will be the comment that is permantly on all of his reports from the school. One of the things that I was thinking about (and need to talk to the MFE about) is to have the school give him his ADHD meds when he gets in for the day. I have been giving it to him when we are getting ready to leave the house (6:10 a.m. Y'all. It sucks.) but I find that it is wearing off too quickly. It's supposed to last until 6 p.m. and it isn't. So, maybe if he takes his meds at the school, it will get him through the day. Not sure, but it's worth a try, right? In any case, his academics are right on par with his group, so I am not all that worried.

Well, must get my day going now. Positive thought: Getting there is half the fun...slow down and enjoy the ride :)

Peace out.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Perhaps you could have gotten more sleep if I had a milder case of rant-and-rave-itis. Sorry 'bout that.

And here I was believing that NOBODY had a crush on me, more or less ever. Well, I believed that once upon a time, anyways.

Nice blog. Way better than mine.