Monday, October 13, 2008

Posts #14 and 15 - TIOBP

Yes, it's two posts in one! That's because I was too busy yesterday to post about anything (of which I shall tell you shortly) and today I was too busy to post at work like I normally do (of which I shall tell you after I tell you the other).

Ok, so this weekend was AWESOME. That's AWESOME with a captial A, ya'll. Heck, I'll even go to HAWESOME.

Here's why.

Saturday, Dino and I went to karate early in the a.m. and then to soccer. I was in a hellishly pissy mood. I am still waiting for Aunt Flo to arrive and I am sick of waiting. My hormones going bonkers, naturally I totally freaked when I see the MFE with his ho-girlfriend. I was peeved that he hadn't thought enough to tell me that she would be there. Not that he would. It just felt like he was rubbing her in my face because I didn't have anyone and he did. Funny, I guess I never took a really good look at her before. Guess what? She looks OLD. And, she is really overweight. More so than I am. Ha! She may be blond, but she is not as cute as I had first thought. For some reason, that really cheered me up. I was still ticked enough to let MFE have it, but I felt better that I wasn't tossed aside for some cheerleader like I had been believing. No, I was tossed aside for some older, shorter, rounder chick. That made it different. So naturally, I called my friend J, with whom I had a date planned on Sunday. He stayed objective and offered that I was annoyed because I wanted to show MFE that I had moved on, and instead was being shown that MFE had. He was right (DG had also offered similar advice). So, I just stayed on the sidelines and ignored them. MFE did not get involved and sat with the GF the whole time and basically only spoke to Dino when he came off the field for water. That is what really annoyed me. Dino is no dummy, and he only briefly interacted with them. It was kind of sad, really.

So what's positive about this? I found that in talking to J, I had realized how much I prized his advice and his friendship. I was feeling weird about having a date with a friend, but I decided that was plain silly and put it behind me. I invited J to go on a hayride with Dino and I later in the day. Turns out, that was the best thing to do.

We had an absolutely wonderful time! Dino and J get along well. We've spent time together before as friends, so Dino didn't think anything different about it. The hayride was great, and even if the witch's jokes were corny. J actually thought the one was really funny and he and Dino laughed about it the rest of the night. That was priceless. We then roasted marshmellows at the bonfire and sipped apple cider. Dino wanted to play on the playground, so we went there next. While there, J casually took my hand. You know what? It was totally natural and it just felt right. Weird, huh?

We then picked pumpkins and went home to have dessert. It was a great night. Dino went to bed around 9, and J and I stayed up late talking, holding hands, and, yes, we kissed. Again, it felt natural. And there is some sort of spark there. It totally took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to feel like this.

By the time Sunday rolled around, I was really feeling good about the "date". Unfortunately, it was not meant to be a regular date. We ended up staying in and watching the Star Wars episode of Family Guy (which as a Geek, I am ashamed to admit I had not seen before). I laughed so hard I cried! We ordered out and just sat again, holding hands, joking, talking, and snuggling. It was a great night. I found that he is really smart - and really sharp with his wit. This one is going to keep me on my toes! We agreed that we were going to take things slow, and just let them develop naturally. As he was leaving, he joked "So how do you feel about HKG now?" to which I replied, "Who?" And we laughed.

So, there you have it. This could be the beginning of a great relationship, or it could be just a good diversion for us both now. I am not treating this relationship as I have the few others in my past. Back then, all my hopes were tied to the match working out. I would expend all this energy at one time and basically push the guy too fast and furious to jump through all the stages of the relationship as quickly as possible. Not this time. I learned. And, I want to enjoy this as much as I can.

So here is two days worth of positive thoughts:
1. Don't let inhibitions hold you back from trying something new.
2. Happiness could be just around the corner. Walk around that corner and take a look.

Ok, off to bed. My cerebral cortex is no longer connected to my spine.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Juicy! Want the details later!