Monday, November 3, 2008

#30 - The end of the experiment!

Ok, so here is the final post on The Importance of Being Positive. My experiment is "over", but it really is just beginning to sink in that my new frame of mind brings so many benefits. And I feel much better about myself, my life, and my situation. I feel like I can handle what I have right now. That is soooo important to me.

There are so many good things in my life right now. The weekend was Incredible, time with J just makes me so happy. Even though Dino was with his dad this weekend and missed Halloween at our house, I didn't have a lot of time to think about that. Except for Sunday morning breakfast. J and I were sitting in the diner when I hear, "Hi Mom!" I turned and found Tony, Dino, and the GF and her daughter standing there waiting on a table. I introduced J to them, and then Dino came over and started to talk to us. He wanted to sit with us, too, but I told him he had to go with his dad. I did get to observe the GF with Dino, and for some reason it really made me happy that he could be at ease with her. No jealousy on my part. Weird?

It was odd, and a little awkward, but not horrible. And I felt that J didn't get freaked out like I thought he would. So, all is good.

In other news, my VP scheduled a trip to Dallas for the teams that report up to him. The trip is scheduled for November 18th to the 20th. The issue is that I will have to then turn around and fly to Disney on the 22nd. I haven't decided if the Dallas trip will happen. How in the world will I get all the packing done and be ready for Disney? I have until noon today to decide. I will have to talk to my manager to find out if he is going to insist that I go. Otherwise, I will elect to stay behind in favor of going on vacation....

This coming weekend is Dino's 7th birthday. Hard to believe he will be 7 already! There is a baby shower for my brother's girlfriend to attend and then Dino's karate birthday party to host. Fun for all! Which reminds me, I better order that cake....

Finally, Dino and I have only 3 weeks left to be ready for Disney! I will have to be sure that I am ready, one way or another :) I am really looking forward to taking him and seeing the parks through his eyes...

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's off to work I go! LOL Later, gators!

2 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I would go to Dallas for the team building experience. But that is just me!

Yay for you and being OK with running into them at breakfast. Small world, huh?

H.B. to Dino!

Domestic Goddess said...

I think you did a great job with the way you handled breakfast! WAY TO GO!