Monday, November 17, 2008

A Weekend of Change

Hello blog,

Sorry for being offline for the past few days. Lots has happened and I am still taking it all in. I am feeling so many different emotions right now....

First, on Friday, I was forced to take sweet Katara back to the SPCA. She had been chewing as you know. Furniture, rugs, socks, toys, you name it - nothing was safe. The worst thing is, she was starting to chew people. She had nipped since I got her, but I thought it would subside. It did not. In fact, she became more insistent each time she put her teeth on someone. It was more a beg for attention, I understand that. But I can't have her knocking little kids over and grabbing their clothes. She was getting worse, and I was unable to take the time needed to train her properly. I admit it, I bit off more than I can chew with this one. When I took her back on Friday, I was met with open disdain and attitude. But, I knew I was doing the right thing. I just cried all the way to dinner....

Friday night, J and I went out to dinner with his work friend. It was a fab restaurant in South Philly. How amazing that food was! We then moved to a local bar for drinks. Unfortunately, the rain and stuff kept people away and it was a little "dead". Further, I was sooooo tired having been up since 4:30 a.m. and the emotional turmoil of taking the dog back. I had to beg off the festivities early. We just missed AG (who I was hoping to hang with) by about 15 minutes. Sorry AG!

Saturday, I test drove cars to replace my falling apart Xterra. I found a great car at a dealership and was given permission to drive it for the day. J and I took it into Philly for our lunch aboard the Spirit of Philadelphia (a lunch cruise). The lunch was good, but the cruise was better. We stood outside for a bit and just enjoyed being in each other's arms. It was so romantic! We then took the car back and I had to decide - buy the car now, or wait until after my trip to Disney? I decided if the numbers were right, I would take it now. After all, I needed a car and it was a sweet ride. The numbers worked out (sort of, but more on that later) and I drove off with the sweetest car I have ever owned. Now I find that at looking at the paperwork that the price the salesman gave me is not what made it to the sales slip. I have to call them this morning, or I may have to return the car....

Yesterday, J and I had to do some things and I had to catch up my laundry. I am in Dallas for 3 days this week and then I come home and leave for Disney on Saturday morning. I am not sure if I can get it all done! I have to pack Dino for staying with his dad and pack both of us for our trip to Sunny Florida. Luckily, the two will have different clothing requirements so I can get both done at the same time :)

So, that's it in a nutshell. Lots to do this morning, but I am sure I will get it all done. Hope that you had a great weekend, too! Not sure if I'll be posting much (if at all) from now until Thanksgiving, so hope that your holiday is one filled with Family, Friends, and Fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did best about the dog. Congratulations on the car. I hope you get to keep it. Have fun in Dallas and Disney. I'm only about 200 miles from Dallas. Margie

kayla said...

I LOVE the name of your blog it is great! Great article thanks so much for sharing. I'm not sure how i found you but i always like making new blog friends. I believe i was looking for stuff on our sons condition esophageal atresia, i wish you the best.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

What kind of car was it?

I was soooo bummed we didn't meet up, but I may have missed AB had we done so. He was all sad that I didn't make dinner as it was.