Friday, March 20, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

Several things have gotten my goat these past couple of days and I need to vent:

1. There was a refresh done to one of our development databases - without our knowledge. They updated the tables and overwrote about a week's worth of work for my team. We are now scrambling to recover and still meet our deadlines. Not happening. We have a reason, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. Not one of the teams involved in this fiasco apologized for screwing us up....

2. Received a voicemail from the PT department at the hospital where GameBoy was supposed to be evaluated. Turns out my insurance won't allow him to have the eval done there - they are not part of the coverage? Don't get that! The hospital is part of the coverage for ER, OR, and other services. This sucks.

3. MFE - 'nuff said.

4. I have been faithfully following Atkins again for a week - and only lost 3 pounds. Sigh. What in the world? I am not sure why....

5. Aunt Flo still ain't here. The crazy beeotch is delaying her grand entrance. Unfortunately, she sent Uncle Cramps and Cousins Bloat and Blemish ahead of her.

6. Received a past due bill in the mail - from the county. Turns out that I need to pay my sewer charges. Home ownership is fun! Funny, I don't remember getting the first bill....

That's the highlights. But it's Friday and it's a kid-free weekend. Besides finishing my taxes, and going out tonight and Saturday night, not much else planned. I hope I can sleep in tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

The Atkins diet is not good for you. Consider switching to Weight Watchers.

I would also call the county and double check your address with them. Let them know you will pay the bill, however you did not receive any bills previously.