Monday, March 9, 2009

Temporarily Unavailable

Due to the recent crash of my laptop - and the inability of my desktop to obtain an IP address, I am currently without internet connectivity at home...again! I am going to be getting a new laptop, but in the meantime, I will be unable to get back to posting here as I had hoped.

Since I am at work, I can't post much at this time. But I had a tremendous weekend. J and I went out with my brother on Friday and Saturday nights and had a blast! I have to say, it's nice to cut loose every two weeks or so and just be a bit wild and crazy. Helps us to deal with the daily crap that happens...

Like....

MFE called me on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday to tell me he hates me (wasn't that sweet) because I don't pack clothes for N that fit, that N doesn't listen, and that pretty soon he is going to stop seeing him. Nice, huh? Right in front of his son. Fabulous. When he complained about the clothes, I said "well, they fit at my house" he told me to shove the clothes up my a$$. I hung up.

Then on Sunday, he called to say he didn't want to keep N anymore and when could he drop him off? I said, not today! When I asked what was wrong, he complained again that N wouldn't listen, it was all my fault, that N was going to bankrupt him. I commented that it was his own fault - he set a precedence for always buying stuff for him and therefore what did he expect? He said N needed a whipping. I told him the first time he beat N would be the last time he ever saw him. What was he going to do with him for a whole week? (Oh, MFE is taking N to Florida for spring break...but that could change now). I asked where the GF was since she was usually able to keep the peace, but she was there and N was in rare form. I talked to N and told him to mind his dad (thought I wanted to say to him that his dad was a POS, but I didn't) and then I found that he had not gotten his medicine. WHAT???? I got MFE on the phone and let him have it. He's the f-ing parent, he needs to be one. Stop letting a 7 year old run the show and he'll mind better. I calmed down enough to say that the ADHD is the problem, not discipline. After a bit - and I am not sure of the timeline as I was so tired - MFE said N was staying because he agreed to mind. That really ticked me off. I went off again about how MFE can't be messing with the kids mind like this, and that his time with his kid can't be something that he uses as a tool to discipline. He needs to learn to deal with N's condition the same as I did. I left it with me saying that I was dropping a book off for him to read that will help him understand ADHD better and how to cope with N's struggles. All this "drama" was in front of the GF, too. I am now taking bets to see how long she lasts. I give it a few more months....

No comments: