Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Funny

I was bathing my baby kitten, Marbles, when Gameboy approached me with a quizzical look on his face...

"Mom, when I am 18, will you tell me what the F-word means?" (Yes, he means THAT F-word)

Being the honest mom I am, I reply, "I'll tell you right now. It is a really ugly word for when a man and a woman love each other." Ok, breathe, I tell myself, it's a little vague, but still true.

Gameboy looks at me in shock. "That is just the dumbest word ever! Why make up a curse word about something as beautiful as love?" He shakes his head and walks away muttering, "That is just too dumb. Why would people do that?"

I smile to myself and continue bathing Marbles....

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Kids say the darndest things... He can come up with some of the darndest things, too.

Domestic Goddess said...

He is one smart boy.

Me said...

I LOVE that explanation!