Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Heartbreak and Confusion

Not sure how to explain this, but I'll try. I have a good friend that has helped me come to terms with my emotional issues. During the summer, I had mistakenly and stupidly thought she was excluding me on purpose (and, to be honest, she probably was...I would have!) and gathering other mutual friends for some fun. I have to admit, in my manic state, I went off on her and put her in a difficult position. She forgave me, and I vowed never to make her feel like I didn't appreciate her again.

Jump to last week, I posted on Google+ that I was sick of holding home demos only to have no one buy anything. I had scheduled a home demo, but because I was ill, turned it into a book show. Two people responded that they couldn't participate, which I respect, but no one else did. So, I put it on Google to avoid the salesperson from seeing it. somehow, this friend saw this post and took offense. Mind you, I didn't point fingers, just said I would never hold another show or go to one. not sure why she thought this was directed at her, but she didn't say anything for a week or so.

Then today, I posted an FB status stating how I hate fake people and I would rather be hated for being me than to be loved for being something I am not. This was a post about the situation with my son's father, and how he seems to want to work with me one minute then turns and becomes hostile and abusive. Anyway, once again my friend took offense and sent me a message that sounds like she wants to end our friendship. I am at a loss! I defended myself several times, but I don't think she believes me. I don't know what to do. This has me completely baffled and devastated. Nothing I say seems to matter.

I can't believe this is happening. I've been blindsided and feel like I don't have a prayer in saving this relationship. Anyone have any ideas?

No comments: